#58 – Bathroom Makeover – Greensboro, NC
Challenge: This home had a small outdated master bathroom. A large garden tub was rarely used but took up nearly half of the space. The owners wanted to update the look and have more usable space with a large walk in shower. But they really were not sure haw the layout could change to be more functional.
Solution: Powell and Associates presented a new and more functional bathroom layout to the homeownners. The project involved removing the garden tub to make room for the large walk-in shower with porcelain tile.
- Removed old fixtures and decor including: garden tub, ceramic tile floor, vanities, shower, toilet, and popcorn ceiling.
- Fixed plumbing issues below floor.
- Re-routed plumbing from old tub and shower.
- Installed new tile, walk-in shower with custom made cement bed floor.
- Installed new double vanity, granite counter top, and undermount sinks.
- Installed new porcelain tile with decorative tile trim along shower walls
- Installed Shave Step (a must for every shower renovation!)
- Installed new porcelain tile on floor.
- Painted, installed fixtures and accessories.